Where would you run to if you’re craving some hot and tasty fried chicken? Some people would say KFC; others may say Chick-Fil-A. No doubt many places are offering “Finger-Lickin’ Good” and delectable fried chicken. But have you tried Zaxby’s? If you have not, then boy, you’re missing out!
Zaxby’s is home to an array of delicious and freshly made chicken wings, chicken fingers, sandwiches, salad and more. It doesn’t stop there. Zaxby’s also boasts about their signature sauces that are great for dipping and dunking. Indeed, their sauce is a great touch to the already fantastic meal!
One of the most popular and loved dishes in Zaxby’s is their Chicken Fingers. The golden-brown, hand-breaded and crispy exterior with the tender insides are sure to make your mouth water.
Hence, instead of going out and getting these Chicken Fingers from their store, we’re here to show you how you can make homemade Zaxby’s Chicken Fingers that could be just as tasty! Follow the recipe closely, and you can savour this delicacy by the end of the day!
Zaxby’s Chicken Fingers Recipe
You must be wondering how to begin making your very own Chicken Fingers from home. Don’t worry; we’re here to help! Without further ado, here is the recipe for homemade Zaxby’s-style Chicken Fingers :
- ⅓ cup low-fat buttermilk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 ½ pound of boneless & skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- ⅓ all-purpose flour
- One egg, beaten
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- ½ teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Firstly, cut the chicken breasts across into half-inch pieces.
- Then, make sure to preheat the oven to 400℉.
- Place the chicken and the buttermilk into a shallow dish. Cover it up.
- Chill the chicken for at least 15 minutes.
- Next, spray a baking sheet with the non-stick cooking spray.
- In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, crushed cornflakes, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Leave it aside
- Beat the eggs in another bowl.
- Then, place the flour on a shallow plate to prepare for the next step.
- Take the chicken fingers and cover them with flour.
- After that, dip them in the egg, and finally, cover them in the bread crumbs and cornflakes mixture.
- Next, arrange the chicken fingers on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about eight minutes or until it is cookies through.
- Lastly, when it is done, let it cool slightly to create a crispier exterior.
Recipe Credit: Ranker.com
Disclaimer: This recipe differs slightly from what Zaxby’s would have done, as this recipe incorporates baking the chicken, while Zaxby’s fry their chicken in highly refined soybean oil.
Enjoy Your Homemade Zaxby’s Inspired Chicken Fingers!
Well, there you have it! We hoped this recipe served you well and helped you save a few bucks from ordering the Chicken Fingers from Zaxby’s. If you’ve got time to spare at home, then why not give this recipe a try! After all, it’s pretty simple, and you can enjoy this healthier alternative from the comfort of your home.
If you’re curious to try out other food recipes or browse through Zaxby menus, we have it all here at LokaEats.