Have you ever found yourself craving waffles? Or wished you could get your waffle fix at Waffle House in the middle of the night? Well, we don’t blame you because we do too! Who can resist its golden brown and crispy exterior and the light and fluffiness that comes with every bite? Not to mention its deep pockets that work great for holding up our favourite toppings! Pancakes who?
Best of all, you can make waffles out of just about anything! Do you crave a savoury waffle? Try a pizza waffle. Want waffles for dessert? Add a little ice cream, and that should do the trick! We can also have waffles at any time of the day. In the words of Waffle House, “it’s breakfast and dessert, all-in-one”!
If you’re planning on having waffles for breakfast tomorrow, we’re here to help! Sure it’s nice to get your waffle fix at your favourite breakfast cafe, but they’re just as easy to make from the comfort of your home! With this Waffle House Waffle Recipe, you don’t have to struggle to make a good batch of waffles.
Waffle House Waffle Recipe: Copycat Recipe
|Prep Time: 20 mins||Cook Time: 5 mins||Total Time: 25 mins||Servings: 6 pieces|
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tbsp. shortening
- ½ cup half-and-half (a combination of equal parts milk and cream)
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- First, mix flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl. Stir well to combine.
- In another bowl, lightly beat the egg and combine with sugar, butter and shortening.
- Mix the combination until it is smooth.
- Next, add the half-and-half, milk, buttermilk and vanilla. Mix it well.
- Then, add the dry flour mixture to the wet mixture while beating. Mix until it is smooth.
- After that, prepare your waffle iron by rubbing a light coating of vegetable oil on it. Then, preheat it.
- Scoop ⅓ to ½ cup of batter into the waffle iron and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the waffles are light brown.
- When the waffles are ready, add your favourite toppings on them and enjoy!
Recipe Inspired by Recipes.net
Time to Feast on These Fluffy Classic Waffles!
Well, there you have it! You don’t have to worry about making your trip to Waffle House in the middle of the night anymore, or if there’s no waffle place around your area. We hope you’ll have fun with this recipe and indulge in as many waffles as you want!
You can be creative with your waffles too! It’s always fun to experiment with savoury waffles or have them as desserts. Have you heard of Chicken and Waffles or brownie/ice cream waffles? Well, let’s give it a shot! Check out more waffles at Waffle House menu with pricing.
Do you want to give other homemade recipes a try? Then head on over to LokaEats for more delectable recipes and helpful food guides!